Tuesday 6 March 2012

Evil cat is not well

Lesley - evil cat has a better social life, a better diet and a better attitude to life than I will ever have, lol!

Actually yesterday I didn't give her the painkillers. Partly because evil cat had started singing a full opera around 6am and I didn't want to wake little bear sorting it out and partly to give her kidneys a rest. Yesterday afternoon evil cat jumped down from the desk, cried and was sick. I rang the vet.

We had a telephone conversation. Evil cat has been off her food a little, has been a little bit grumpier, a little bit less social. Cats notoriously hide when they are poorly, so I never know whether evil cat is actually poorly or it is over-anxious-owner syndrome (again).

So we are risking evil cat's kidneys and upping the dose of painkiller, and I have just purchased a very small amount of prawns at a very large price to try and tempt her this afternoon. Only a few weeks ago she was eating three or four pouches of food at a time. Today she hasn't even eaten half of her first pouch. She also is a bit unimpressed by the value crab sticks that I put down for her.

I have also noticed that she is struggling a little on the stairs. She likes to sleep in the very warm top room, and she is very happy to nap in the dining room near her food, water and (at a suitable distance) her litter tray. There are three sets of stairs between them.

A few months ago I was looking over my blog and I realised that I had been worrying about evil cat's health since 2008. I am hoping this is just another blip, and that I can continue to worry and fuss and coax the old battle axe. Hopefully she will start really picking up with the warmer weather.

1 comment:

Kitty Greene said...

oh I do hope Evil cat recovers soon ! I have two of my cats on permanent medication - it's not easy, every little change in their habits is a worry.
I have one that couldn't keep her food down, this went on for years ! she had every test in the book and then some - tried every food on the market, made my own, gave her fresh chicken/fish etc., but nothing helped, finally I resorted to kitten food, I thought it would be milder and easier for her digestive system to cope with - and so far it is working.
My Cat from Hell sends Evil Cat love and hugs !!