Monday 26 March 2012

Success - eggs boiled with vinegar!

Thank you Justamum and Savvy_Sue from MSE! Eggs with vinegar do not crack.

Little bear came home, looked at my attempt to prepare a nest and was very disappointed. I had got a smallish snack pot, glued brown paper on the outside, put pieces of green paper and scrunched up brown paper on the inside and hoped that it would look somewhat like a nest in grass. I hadn't been able to get out to get brown paint (considered mixing it, considered track record, got brown paper out), so I decided to go for the plastic pot option rather than papier mache.

I thought it looked okay. Little bear solemnly shook his head. He wanted a tree.

In little bear's defence he is doing a very good impression of middle to outright exhausted and was desperately trying to nap at 8am this morning. I have no idea where to start with a tree, I have no desire to start with a tree, and I have no idea what little bear thinks is going to make the dratted tree. Especially one big enough to look right with a hard boiled hen's egg.

Little bear doesn't want to enter this competition as he doesn't think he is going to win. This is not an attitude I want to foster. I am scratching around for ideas to make decorating boiled eggs fun for a tired, uninterested and irritable five year old with a mum who does not do decorating anything because I am rubbish (and fairly exhausted and uninterested with it).

Next year we work on the tree.

No comments: