Friday 16 March 2012

Poor evil cat

Poor old evil cat - she was hovering near her dinner dish, so I went to the cupboard. The old girl was more spry than normal and the first I knew that she had made it over to the cupboard was when I stepped on her tail.

She was not impressed, not at all, and no doubt will plot revenge if she could remember it, but she wasn't interested in consoling cuddles - she wanted food! Everything seems undamaged.

Most of her life I have lived in fear of treading on her and doing real damage. She has always had a thing of hovering under your feet on the stairs. When you are trying to get on the next step down and a tabby tail is hovering all over it, flicking back and forth with evil cat's ears on high alert, it is extremely nervewracking. Or sitting down without thinking and a baffled and angry tabby emerging next to you from underneath a throw or cushion, it makes you very twitchy. How she has survived I do not know.

I will keep an eye on her and see how she does, but she was managing to give very annoyed tail signals earlier, so I am hoping all is fine.

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

oh dear - never mind - it happens.
You should see feeding time here with 6/7 cats hovering around my feet.
Once one of them did 'bring me down' and i banged my head on a cupboard and knocked myself unconcious ! little darling !!
Anyway glad Evil Cat is 'sprightly, lets hope its because she's keeping some food down - well done.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Wean - that is dreadful. All my cat related injuries have been caused by claws! I hope you recovered okay! I would have definitely cut the catnip ration for that cat! WS xxx