Tuesday 13 March 2012

Hoarding

I need to get more sleep, it's starting to get to me. I found myself looking at some yogurt pots and thinking, 'they are really cute little pots, I bet they would be useful if we wanted to plant seedlings.'

Problem one - darling father is in charge of the garden. The garden is so tiny that we don't have anywhere to put pots with seeds, even if he didn't get all his plants from the lovely lady down the road.

Problem two - I HAVE NO ROOM

Problem three - where does it stop? We can easily get through a dozen yogurts in a week if we put our minds to it, if we decided to plant seedlings after all.

And I can just see the expression of any children's group faced with a mad woman holding fifteen bags of yogurt pots and saying, 'I'm sure you can find a use for this...'

That way lies madness, and possibly a documentary on Channel 4. They went in the bin. And the cute triangular glass jar is going to the recycling for exactly the same reason.

Glass half full - I finished a throw at the weekend. It was yoyo yarn which was absolutely foul to knit, but it is lovely and warm and when the next cold snap comes (probably mid April with our current weird weather) it will be perfect around my shoulders, it is a lovely generous length. That is one project out of the way, and as it was so awful to knit, it took ages. I feel really relieved that it is gone. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: