Saturday 31 March 2012

Little bear's fun day

Little bear had a Change 4 Life Fun Day. It was hell. It was over crowded, badly planned and despite having some good info it was bewildering. We left as soon as we could and got ice creams.

Little bear did not win the egg painting contest. The little info I had out of that was that one of the winners had an egg that was dressed like Cinderella. Please let us escape this next year! And little bear had refused categorically to guess the name of the rabbit. He couldn't guarantee he would be right, so he wasn't doing it. That was the end of that! So I put 'little bear's mummy' next to a name at random. I wasn't allowed to choose my own suggestion, either, so any 'adult' suggestions, or even Stew, Pie or Mustard, were not allowed. We didn't win the rabbit. I was relieved.

Little bear is still exhausted. This morning he dragged himself downstairs and lay on the sofa. He declared he didn't want to go to sleep AT ALL. He is off for Easter Holidays and I think it is in the nick of time. However I can see the holidays stretching ahead of me with a five year old who is actually a tired little man, trying to keep him amused. I intend to make shameless use of soft play.

No comments: