Monday 14 January 2013

Ashamed of myself

I am ashamed of myself and I ought to be.  I have forgotten two close birthdays.  Fortunately I had sent the presents over at Christmas, but I forgot the cards.  Also a birthday I like to remember, because the person is really nice, is tomorrow, and I have forgotten to send a card. 

I could say that the last few weeks have been people being sick, people coughing and sneezing, people really not well - even evil cat seems scraggier than normal.  However if I was the slightest bit aware of anything outside the home I would have at least posted the cards.

For every two steps forward I seem to take three steps back.  I need need need to get this under control - and I have lost count of the number of times I have said that.  Also I need to get a job, or I will not get a pension.  The child benefit is not in my name, so I don't get any NI credits unless I am working.  And I really don't know how I will go on then. 

I think I will go to bed now, far too late, and hope that some sort of inspiration and 'get it together' bolt of lightning strikes tomorrow.  I am completely out of ideas. 

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

I was going to say 'it happens to us all' WS - but it doesn't does it ? I hate those perfect people who never forget anything, always send cards on time and take great pleasure in reminding us (after the event) by saying 'oh by the way did you know it was so and so's birthday yesterday !) well thanks very much - you could have mentioned it before !

Morgan said...

Can I gently suggest that you see if it is at all possible to get the Child Benefit put in your name? It really would be helpful in your long term future...

On the other hand, if you can earn anything at all from doing something, it MIGHT be worth registering as self-employed and paying the NI for that as it isn't much - I pay about £67 twice a year, and I earn hardly anything.

Please look into it one way or the other, as these 35 years are going to take some building up one way or the other. hugs xx