Thursday 24 January 2013

Strawberry keeps me busy

I really appreciate all the comments about Strawberry, as I am feeling a little on the back foot.  This is normal for cats. 

Last night I was tormented with worrying about Strawberry out in the cold, picturing her frozen and feeble.  This morning she was ready to come in and have something to eat, thank you so much, full of life and cattitude.  So in the middle of making bear's packed lunch and trying to get organised I was refereeing two cats and trying to make sure Strawberry didn't get hold of any of evil cat's Metacam.  Everyone knows that a morning is busy even with just one child, though my morning is fairly straightforward, I could do without cats being cats.

Strawberry demolished a couple of pouches, some crunchies, the remains of evil cat's breakfast and then when I went upstairs to monitor bear's breakfast intake Strawberry attacked evil cat.   I know it wasn't the other way round as poor evil cat is really just too frail.  She can't defend herself.  So half way through the 'make sandwiches and find uniform' routine I am growling, shouting and chasing Strawberry out of the house when she really didn't want to go.

If evil cat was a few years younger I would be a bit more resigned to warfare, and evil cat has dealt out a lot of aggro in the past.  However there is just nothing to her.  Even her fur, which used to be gloriously thick, is now thin and a bit spiky.  She is not able to defend herself and Strawberry is a big Yorkshire Lass. 

I don't know if Strawberry will come back after that, but I think I will just have to feed her outside if she does.  Strawberry was just being a cat, but I have a duty to evil cat. 

I feel a little like I have led Strawberry on.

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

Of course EC has to come first - but Strawberry will be back - she's just been taught a lesson - hope EC is OK

Wannabe Sybil said...

Strawberry will certainly be back, but atm I can't risk letting her in. It's only her malice that is keeping evil cat going, she is really getting so frail. I shall continue to feed Strawberry, and there is a dry place set up for her near the kitchen window. However she may move on to pastures new. WS xxx