Monday 7 January 2013

Squirrels

I saw some squirrels this morning.  I haven't seen any squirrels for ages and I was getting a bit worried that there had been a cull or an epidemic or similar.  I hadn't seen them in any of the parks.  Mind you, I didn't manage to get to the parks very often this autumn anyway.  So it was quite reassuring to see a couple of squirrels bounding over the grass with a feather lightness. 

Of course, in the first week of January all squirrels should be tucked up in their dreys and sleeping.  The squirrels I saw playing over the grass probably haven't read the rule book, and it isn't really that cold. 

Mind you, with the weather all over the place as it has been for the last few years, I am not surprised at anything out of season.  There are shoots on the heathers in the garden and flowers on the rosemary bush.  I wonder what the weather will do this year?

No comments: