Wednesday 16 January 2013

Not so little bear

Little bear is now six.  I am writing about his cute ways, his attitude (dear heaven help me when he is a teenager) and I hope I am conveying how loving and kind he is.  However while little bear is a good name for a little one taking their first steps, in ten years time you will still be able to find these posts on the net, somewhere.  I don't suppose little bear will want to come face to face with this at age sixteen!

When I am in the playground picking him up or dropping him off I never dream of calling him by the names I used when he was tiny.  I call him 'sweetheart', 'sweets', 'handsome' or 'tiger'.  Very occasionally I call him by his real name.  One of the other mums calls her very lovely lad by a nickname that is more suited to a toddler.  This is a lovely mum, really lovely, but I don't think she is thinking things through.  Playground-cred is very important at age six, and certainly onwards. 

So little bear is being promoted to 'bear'.  And bear is currently lying on the sofa watching some minecraft videos and feeling very poorly, I am waiting for the last lot of calpol to kick in.  Fingers crossed this will finally get out of his system soon!  It has been in his system for at least a month and I will be glad to see the back of it!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I have had my younger DD off for two days with female issues [which you have been spared, so be thankful - it is bad enough going through it oneself but seeing the girls suffer as well is hard].

Hope Bear is feeling better very soon. xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

There are times when I am really, really, really happy I have a boy. Hope YFG is feeling better soon. WS xxx