Friday 4 January 2013

Seven years to go

Little bear is officially six.  However I can see teenage years foreshadowed.  I am already on the, 'will you shut the door after you,' and 'will  you flush the toilet after you,' and 'will you turn that down.'

I have already had an 'I hate you' from him - but he was feeling very guilty at the time.  I said I was fine with that but I still loved him so he didn't get off the hook and still had to take his bag upstairs.  He loved me later, anyway, due to the excellence of the beans on toast for tea.  I am not terribly worried about it.  He seems fine to tell me he is angry with me, fine to give me cuddles, and while he gets upset when I catch him out in trying to bamboozle me, he seems to feel very safe with me.  I would rather he was able to shout at me (within reason) than be too scared or insecure to say anything but nice things. 

He is also getting keener on brand stuff - or rather stuff logo-ed with his favourite game.  He apparently has forgotten about the DS XL thingy he wanted for Christmas, but no doubt will remember when he gets in with his friends and starts comparing loot.  He had £10 which he could put towards it or for a surprise toy (or bank it, but I wasn't hopeful on that one, I don't usually give him a choice) and he didn't go for the DS so I think we are off the hook there. 

I have had an interesting time with little bear over the last few days - we are both a little poorly, we are tired and fed up and the dregs of Christmas are draining us both - but he has just interrupted me with a lovely cuddle and smile, and I am happy with that!

No comments: