Thursday 17 January 2013

Should I or shouldn't I?

I have got a Mr S delivery booked - rather against my better judgement.  I had a Mr A delivery today, but they missed off the most important item, the item that was the reason for the order - cheap mince.  Mr A does frozen mince, in 454g bags for £2, which cook up nicely, seem low in fat and go in a lot of different dishes.  As far as I know it is Shergar friendly mince.

The only delivery slot I could get was tomorrow afternoon at Mr S. I  have had some awful service from Mr S in the past, but the last one was okay, and to be honest I feel too poorly to get very stressed about it all.  I really would like the mince - but that is the point.  I would like it, I don't need it.  And it seems a hard thing to bring a delivery man down our street in the snow forecast for tomorrow. 

But I could do with a few other bits as well, tissues (bear is very much in need of them) and some bits and bobs, nothing major, nothing urgently necessary.  I could manage without a delivery next week if we get the order tomorrow, and next week is likely to be worse with frozen and re-frozen old snow.

I am swaying like a pendulum on this.  There are some bits for bear, who is really not well.  There are some bits that will be helpful, bits that will keep me going.  I know how nervous and stressed I will be just getting to the end of the road, so I am not so keen to go out if I can manage without, and so a delivery tomorrow will be useful. 

I think I will stick with the order, go over it one more time, put in some 'just in case' stuff and see if it is cancelled or not.  If the worst comes to the worst, we will manage fine.  If the order comes it will be useful, otherwise I shall just see what I can work out. 

I suspect that this is feeding two really bad problems that I have - the need to stockpile and hoard and the pleasure I get from shopping.  However it looks like I will have a lot on my hands for the next few days as bear is looking like he may have actual real flu, I definitely don't feel like going out in snow and my body is telling me that I am likely to be sick again tonight.  OH is not well, I feel rotten asking him to do shopping as it is a form of hell for him, and it looks like he may be unable to get out anyway for a day or two.  I am definitely not sending darling father out!  That leaves evil cat and I don't trust her with my debit card. 

After all this, I suspect the order will be cancelled.  It will serve me right!


No comments: