Tuesday 29 January 2013

Beginning to hate lunchboxes

Bear came home from school and proudly announced that he had eaten everything except his sandwich, 'because it was green'. 

I checked his lunchbox as soon as I got home - and there was nothing wrong!  It was fresh ham, fresh bread (woolly Warburtons, sigh, as OH prefers it) and the crusts had been cut off!  Apparently because the ham was breaded and there were traces of breadcrumbs at the edge it was unclean. 

I had carefully bought a number of small packets of ham as a more expensive option but to keep the ham fresh and nice all week, delivered by Mr S, all breaded.  I can see my lunches looming in front of me - the future is ham.  Evil cat may well profit from this. 

I sent him in with tuna paste sandwiches, and the scotch eggs/tomatoes and the sugary frootz buttons.  However the first of the impulse bought 'how to make packed lunch' books has arrived and I shall dip into that.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

You clearly have a LOT more patience than I have - I'd be packing him off with exactly the lunches that had been planned, and it would then be his choice whether to go hungry, or not. As I understand it, small boys normally get quite bored with being hungry, quite fast....

Morgan said...

I may have some booklets I can send you as well. But I always found that the KIS theory was the best - Keep It Simple. Don't let it get to you, if you can help it. xxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Robyn - it is looking a lot like the same ham but trimmed... Bear may or may not notice, and he may or may not get hungry, but bear will definitely have Views! WS xxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Morgan - I am taking a step back from the lunch box lol! I had felt so inadequate, but I guess he will be fine. I shall find something else to worry about. WS xxx

Robyn said...

Good for you! It's good for kids to have decisions to make, and whether or not to get hungry seems like a fairly similar one to get him started, eh!