Tuesday 22 January 2013

My curry set off the fire alarm.

I kept bear off school again today, he is still on antibiotics and still very run down.  This meant that I spent a lot more of the day than I actually wanted watching Minecraft videos with him.  Not only was I watching these 'how to play Minecraft' videos but bear was chopping and changing all the way through, so I am no wiser than I was this time yesterday.  However I am sure I shall dream of strange blocky creatures hitting things. 

Evil cat is in a seriously bad mood.  Not only is it far too cold, and not only did I utterly fail to put the fire on until late afternoon as bear and I were warm enough, but Strawberry came in and had a long rest.  She is still not keen to stay in, and she did have a wonderful moment of utter catness as she sat in the porch just on the edge of the door so I couldn't shut it - in this weather!  Strawberry does seem to be comfortable with us.  OH came home to the sight of Strawberry sitting in the study window, giving him the, 'who the heck are you' look that every cat owner recognises. 

Evil cat may sulk and hiss, but really it is a bit of payback.  She made psycho cat's life an utter misery, and I can remember her trying to push the bottle away from bear when I was feeding him.  She is called evil cat for a reason. 

And the re-heated stew would have been more of a success if I hadn't first set the wooden handle of the simmer mat to smouldering and then forgotten the stew with the very small amount of curry in while trying to sort out bear and the current minecraft video.  I was concerned that the stew would be heated enough for health.  The scorched flavour overpowered the curry, so I am confident it did. 

I have cleared and gritted the steps and a channel to the gate.  The gate is particularly tricky if it freezes as there is a sunk patch next to the gate where water always collects and the snow has very very slowly been melting.  There is still a lot of snow about, and I am terrified of taking bear to school tomorrow.  I can't justify keeping him off, but I am not looking forward to it.  Still, it will mean a few precious moments when I can hear myself think, which I don't think I have fully had since before Christmas. 

So tomorrow I am going to see what targets I have and what I can do to hit them.  I intend to start again with the resolutions, as they are really important to me.  I also intend to eat chocolate. 

2 comments:

Lesley said...

It sounds as if Strawberry is moving in on her terms!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Lesley - does a cat move in on any other terms? I have never been adopted by a stray before, but I am not under any illusions! WS xxx