Wednesday 2 January 2013

Resolution dilemma

I use tins of condensed tomato soup a lot in cooking - perhaps as much as once a week if I am cooking properly.  I sometimes use other varieties but have a backlog of the condensed vegetable soup that I have failed to use as much as I could. 

Asda have these on sale at 3 for £1 and they were over 60p last year. 

My instinct is to buy by the crate, but I want to try and stick to Resolutions - spend less and stockpile less.  I am trying to work out how to juggle the different instincts.

Realistically, if I stock take my food and keep track, I am likely to use the tomato soup, and it is worth me stocking up.  It isn't worth me getting the other flavours.  However it is more than ever necessary to me to make sure that I use what I have, and I need to make sure that I know what I have. 

I am going to buy six tins - just over a month's supply.  And make a mental not that a 'good deal' for condensed soup is 3 for £1 or better. 

No comments: