Wednesday 23 January 2013

Still calculating

I am still thinking about the dratted delivery.  I was even lying awake last night thinking about it (when bear wasn't waking me up in the small hours with 'pains in his legs'). 

The current position is that I will stick to a Mr S order but without the soup.  Darling father is looking for an excuse to go out and has a free bus pass so popping along to Asda will be inexpensive for him, he will have a bit of fresh air and he can pick up the other bits he wants at the same time. 

Mr S may have an inferior offer of Heinz soup but has a much better offer on squeezy honey.  I feel a bit ashamed that I use the squeezy honey, but bear has honey on his cereal (which is a bit over sugared already in my opinion, but that is another battle) and when I am dashing around the squeezy honey is so much easier.  Mr S also has a decent offer on olive oil which I use at a rate of about one litre per three months, so I can't over buy that, but as I am getting to the end of my bottle then it is nice to top up with a reasonable priced item. 

Also the delivery is that bit less.  Though the delivery men aren't really as nice.  And I can still get the chocolate pots for bear, though I am a bit reluctant to do so.  Also the inexpensive cat litter is superior and I may soon be providing for two. 

I am putting the emotional and mental energy into a shopping decision that some people put into business deals and mergers. 

2 comments:

Sarah Head said...

Don't know what you currently do for Little bear's leg pains in the night. All our three kids had them at one time or other. It's a kind of "growing pain" and some children need physio, but with mine I found the most effective way of stopping the pain was to tightly bandage the joint as soon as they started yelling. I wasn't into herbs then as I am now. Now I would also massage with St John's wort oil which helps with nerve pain. Hope he doesn't suffer too much.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Sarah - thank you! I suspect it is growing pains, and I will get some St John's Wort oil. Bear did his own version of suffering. He woke up in the middle of the night, shouted for me, I cuddled him and gave him calpol, he went straight back to sleep. But thanks for the tip, will definitely look it out. WS xxxx