Friday 11 January 2013

Bedtime surprise

We are settling little bear down for the night.  This is not a short process, partly because little bear is expert at negotiating extra songs, stories and play and party because we love spending time with him. 

Little bear was having a wrestling match with the HUGE panda and rolling around on top of the stuffed rat and the fabric dalek that are currently his bedtime companions.  I was really pleased with the dalek.  It is actually a pyjama case, and I wasn't even searching for it when I saw it on my friend ebay.  I normally don't go for auctions, and it was second hand which I don't mind in general but wasn't actively looking for when it came to presents, but couldn't resist.  It is about two foot high, immaculate and little bear was highly delighted with it.  One of the things that he liked was not only did he get a sneak look at it before Christmas, when he came downstairs unexpectedly, but I also forgot to actually give it him on his birthday so the dalek was a New Year's present. 

It is a surprising present as well.  Because until little bear rolled on top of it carrying the full weight of a four foot panda we didn't realise that it had sounds as well.  Just as we were about to read a Thomas the Tank Engine story we were told that we were the enemies of the daleks and had to be exterminated.  I nearly fell off my chair. 

Little bear has probably explored the full range of noises.  I am just wondering what other surprises are lurking. 

No comments: