Thursday 10 January 2013

Duvet Day

Today is going to be a duvet day - definitely!  I am so tired and grumpy and fed up and flat and unenergetic and uninspired I think the safest thing I can do is hibernate. 

I started a new project and I am ashamed.  But evil cat has nested in the half finished blanket and I can't cope with a pattern at the moment, so I started a new one.  Mind you, I have been wanting to start it for a while just to get rid of the yarn, it is the thickness of a tow rope and I am knitting on 15mm needles that actually are not too big for it.  And everything is still all chaotic so when I was trying to find a book with different varieties of casting on instead of my usual version, I couldn't find one.  Somewhere I have a book on it.  I often end up with a too tight cast on edge, and I wanted to avoid it.  I think it has worked, but I will see when I cast off. 

In the Lord of the Rings you have a reference to feeling 'like butter spread to thin.'  I feel like that, except less likely to go on a major quest and do heroic things.  The nearest I get to heroic today will be putting the dishwasher on. 

I am going to go away and count my blessings. 

1 comment:

Kitty Greene said...

Come on WS - chin up !
Don't give up ...........
whatever you have to do, baby steps ........
(((hugs)))