Wednesday 2 January 2013

Speaking of Resolutions

The screen had hardly got dark on the 'take care of the pennies' resolution when I spent £124.99 on a mini fridge.  Darling father has his kettle, tea supplies etc in his room and a little cooler that are usually sold to keep beer in.  It has not been up to the job. 

I suspect that darling father has not always been keeping the milk in there, but he has been keeping a pint over night in it, and the next morning it is cheese.  So we have got a proper mini fridge with proper temperature control.  It means he can keep a small tub of butter, his milk, bits of cooked meat etc if I am not available or he just wants to hibernate (usually December to March). 

I really gritted my teeth over the price, though.  Five days ago it was £104.99.  I am not impressed at the assertion that inflation is around 2%.  That figure doesn't seem to apply to fridges or frozen peas. 

Actually, when I think about it, it's quite worrying. 

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

Ouch - that's a lot to pay for a mini fridge.
I just checked on ebay and found two for under £45 and one for £29 -
Also if you don't mind having 'used' try Freecycle or Freegle in future - I get a lot of stuff through them.
Sorry to hear you're not well, hope you feel better soon.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Father didn't want a second hand fridge, and decent table top fridges that aren't coolers (which he currently has but isn't working) are hard to track down. He only has a small space. Sigh. Shopping around was not successful. Mind you, now I have pressed 'pay' I shall probably fall over them at a cheaper price for months! lol WS xxx