Tuesday 23 April 2013

Almost keeping up

So far today I have got bear to school, which was an achievement in itself, put on the dishwasher and washed dishes, done washing, got bear to martial arts (another achievement), entertained him, caught up with some online shopping, a tiny bit of ironing and had a half hour walk as part of my campaign to lose weight.  I have also worked really hard to get Pt2 of 'At the Sign of the White Hart' up and running although the result of that is 250 more words on Digging up the Past, but that's something.

Bear declared just before we left the house for school that he was '100% tired' and 'too exhausted to go to school' with a sore leg, and arm, and tummy, and foot and had he mentioned his sore leg, and sore throat?  He ran around like a lunatic once we reached the playground, though, so I don't feel too much like a cruel mother.

I walked as far as a farm that has a sign saying, 'Fresh Free Range Eggs' but has no shop times.  So I am going to have a wander up there next time we need eggs and go and knock politely on the door.  I felt quite flushed by the time I got home, so I must have done something right.

However I don't seem to have got much further with anything.  I don't think I have slipped too much behind, but I don't think I have got ahead anywhere.  However DH and I have a cosy evening in tonight booked which I shall enjoy, and I shall start again tomorrow.

No comments: