Thursday 4 April 2013

Situation Normal

... all fouled up.

DH came home from work with the thing that has been wrecking me all week - shivering, shaking and completely and 100% unable to eat dinner.  Au contraire.

I didn't have a tin of emergency hot dog sausages in the cupboard, so I had to dive out to get them.

The new veggie steamer for the microwave is a bit keener than the one I am used to.  I have never seen broccoli burn like that before.

So DH had nothing, bear ate cold hot dog sausages only, DF had the pulled pork with potatoes and I had the sausages as well, but couldn't face more than half of one, though I also had potatoes.  The potatoes were nice, though.

So we have disposed of the broccoli, all the rest of the veg to go.

I am not sure what to do for dinner tomorrow as I am not sure what poor DH will feel like.  It is looking like fish fingers, mash and carrots.  Then by Saturday night DH should be able to manage china chilo, then I can drag one of the bits to roast out of the freezer and we are on our way.  I plan to snaffle the pepper and the courgette to eat raw.

I was toying with the idea of getting an order in, as even with bus fares already paid and the cost of delivery it will still be a lot more expensive to take bear into a supermarket, not just in terms of bribery but also of impulse buys and the strain between mother and son.  However I can ask to be dropped off at Morrisons after the City Varieties tour and pick up what I need then while bear is safe with DH.

Now off to google 'beetroot brownies' recipes - thank you Lesley!

No comments: