Tuesday 23 April 2013

Horrid Henry

As part of bear's Christmas/birthday stash of books we purchased a set of 30 Horrid Henry books (£25 from Book People, free delivery, and went through Quidco so got cashback).  We have been reading our way through them together at bedtime, and they have been brilliant.  Today DH read out loud that Horrid Henry spied Moody Margaret with a few friends and surrounded by bits of makeup and glitter.  Horrid Henry wondered what it was.

Bear (aged 6) commented in a weary, much married voice, 'it's a makeover, don't go there Henry.'

How he knows that I do not know, but it took at least five minutes before DH and I could stop laughing.

And anyone who has never come across Horrid Henry, I must recommend them.  The one where Henry is cast as the Innkeeper in the nativity play is glorious.

4 comments:

ravylesley said...

Sybs I won a whole set of Horrid Henry books a couple of years ago.There must have been 50 books in the set including puzzle books and joke books.I was certain my lot would love them but sadly no as I gave them to the School for their Library the week before we went to Wales and most of the books hadn't even been opened!So enjoy LB's love of books as its quite unusual these days

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Bear would choose a computer over a book any time, but I am working on the whole ebook thing and I am also refusing to allow anything electronic in his room but he has two bookcases. He gets read a story every night, atm Horrid Henry, and he reads before sleep. Thank goodness! And the HH books are amazing! I hope you had a really good holiday. WS xxx

ravylesley said...

Thank you for asking we had a great time,we always do but with our eldest 15 now I am sure that there wont be that many family holidays ahead of us so I treasure every one we have

As for the reading ebooks,my oldest two got Kindles for Christmas and I have to admit it has encouraged them to read more as I filled them with their favourite books.I'm not sure that it will work with my youngest though as he is anti everything at the moment lol

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Wales is lovely! WSxx