Tuesday 9 April 2013

Marco Pierre White's Great British Feast

I bought this cookery book when it was extremely inexpensive from Approved Food.

I have just been dipping in.  I am not sure I am up for any recipe that starts with a call for six live lobsters.  They sell live lobsters at Makro (walking distance) and just the look of the lobsters frightens the life out of me.  I am also unlikely to cook loin of venison unless I win it in a raffle.  I can't imagine me ever being able to afford that.

On the other hand I am a bit intrigued, especially by some of the beer batter recipes.  I shall read, loot for ideas in my fiction, shamelessly adapt any recipes that I think we can use and then share.  They are posh restaurant recipes, but there is bound to be use in there. I actually quite like the idea of sage leaves sandwiched together with tapenade and then dipped in a yeast and beer batter and fried.  However given what happens to my cooking I think I shall be a bit careful.

And actually, tonight's tea was the stew, as planned, and it was lovely.  I shall have the rest for lunch tomorrow.  Tomorrow is probably going to be bobotie and I'll save the butternut soup until Sunday lunch.  Also I am going to start doing a 'before' and 'after' menu.  I need a reality check.

No comments: