Monday 22 April 2013

More free fiction

I am trying to push my writing, that is, I am trying to write more, write better, and find more people who want to read it.  Thomas Marlowe, who designed the covers for Cats in the Bible and The Forgotten Village, has been following writing prompts from a writing community called Write on Edge.  He's encouraged me to have a go, and though I find it very hard to keep to a low word count I think it is excellent discipline.

So I have followed their prompt, and have written 'Exchange on a Bridge' which you can find on my other blog here if you are interested.

I would also recommend that anyone interested in reading to have a look there, though some of it may not be family friendly, so you have been warned.  And do dip into some of the short pieces Thomas Marlowe has been doing.  Of the stuff he has done recently I find it hard to think of a favourite, but I think I like this the best.  It is family friendly, but I am not guaranteeing any of his other pieces.  This may be a bit dark but it is a very close second.

I hope all the links work, I don't think I have every put so many on a post.  Thank you again Morgan for helping me out with them.  And thank you more than I can say to anyone who has encouraged me.  You have helped more than you can imagine.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I enjoyed the first instalment of the new story set in York, but I am keen to read the sequel to the Forgotten Village - how's that going?

Wannabe Sybil said...

Morgan - it's around the half way mark and I've hit a bit of a jam. Please feel free to nag. Honest. Mind you, I've just murdered someone (in the story!) and I felt much better for it. Hope all is well with you and that FH is okay. WS xxx