Sunday 14 April 2013

Laundry on a Sunday!

A lot of the older generation will remember how much condemnation there was for those who washed on a Sunday, although sometimes if it had to be done it had to be done.  So I am taking five minutes while the washer is on, the tumble dryer is on and the dishwasher is on.  For the last half hour the iron has been on as well, but it's the first time in ages I have been up to doing much so the elderly female relatives I remember would have let me off.

I have to say that I am not sure it is entirely appreciated.  DF and DH are both very glad that clean clothes appear, albeit intermittently.  Bear doesn't seem to appreciate it at all.  He has dressed himself the last two days and when I went to put away some t-shirts in his t-shirt drawer it looked like Sherman had marched through.

I sighed and re-folded.  I am getting more and more hints that bear may well become very keen on dressing sharply and I suppose this is the forerunner of clothes distributed all over the room as he finds the right 'look'.    I am not ironing again.  On one hand they are t-shirts and the creases will drop out.  On the other hand this is a six year old lad and anyone expecting a six year old to be uncreased for any length of time is extremely optimistic in my experience.

As I type bear is chilling on the computer wearing jeans, red braces and a vest.  He has the braces crossed over at the front.  He is happy with his look.

No comments: