Monday 29 April 2013

Online Grocery Shop Utter Fail

Earlier today I put together an online order.  That is, I booked a slot and thought I would twiddle it later to get everything I needed but the slots were filling up and I needed a few bits.  I would sort out exactly what later but I had to book the slot there and then.  But with one thing and another, including DH being an absolute hero looking after me, I forgot.  Until now.  Well, until 1 minute past eleven which is one minute after the latest I could change the order.

The thing is, to book the slot you need to have a minimum order of £25 with Mr A.  As bear was quite impatient for me to carry on playing Plants Versus Zombies with him I just bunged in the five tins of condensed tomato soup that I actually needed and held my place with a random twelve bottles of diet pepsi. Tomorrow between 3 and 5 pm I will be getting a delivery of twelve two litre bottles of diet pepsi and five tins of soup with nothing else.

I don't even like diet pepsi.  I prefer Coca Cola.  I'm trying to avoid fizzy drinks.  I need crackers and sandwich fillings and children's nurofen.  I can get it all locally but it will have to be after DH gets home as with DF away I don't like leaving bear on his own.  Even if he wasn't poorly he is far too young to be left in a house all alone.  I thought a delivery would be easier.

I can't wait to see the driver's expression.


3 comments:

Janet said...

You are beating yourself up again! It's not the end of the world, nobody died, you looked after your boy. That's what being a Mum is all about. Tomorrow is another day and all that.

Your boy is getting better, and you will be better soon. XXX

Morgan said...

Oh dear - I hear that this kind of drink is good for cleaning toilets, though, so perhaps it has its uses!

I hope that you got some sleep last night, and that Bear is feeling a little better today.

Hugs all round xxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you both for the hugs. This delivery is definitely up there with the whisky and cat litter delivery. I am sure it will be fine. Hugs v welcome. WS xxx