Sunday 7 April 2013

Veggie box again

Tonight we had chilli con charlie.

It was going to be china chilo but the lettuce had gone very sad.  Then we were going to have spaghetti bolognese (with fusilli pasta, DF to have rice) but the mushrooms had gone peculiar and furry.  So we had chilli con charlie.

I am going to have to be much quicker to use things up and much more careful to use things in the right order.  And with mushrooms I am going to peel, slice and freeze on the day of receipt.

I have put some diced turkey to defrost in the fridge so the casserole tomorrow is looking quite safe.  That will take care of the parsnip, the celery, some of the carrots and some onions.  I shall include dumplings and do mash separately.

Tomorrow is also looking like cake making - beetroot brownies and banana cake.

Also tomorrow is a trip to Makro.  I haven't been able to make the laundry gloop yet, and I want to top up the powder anyway for the white shirts.  Five per week for DH, five per week for bear during school and an indeterminate amount for DF depending on church business and nights out.  Makro usually have a sale on for an extremely large box of some sort of mainstream powder.  I need to get out with bear and the short walk won't hurt him.

I think getting the veg box may be one of the best things I have done.

No comments: