Thursday 18 April 2013

Veg Box takes me by surprise

I'm sorry, but it is unlikely that I am going to be able to photo the veg box before I start eating it.  I was taken by surprise by its arrival, yesterday seemed to last all week and I am now a bit at sea.  I haven't even rummaged through it properly, but I wanted to get posted before picking up bear.

We have pak choi which I will probably steam.  We have mushrooms and broad beans and fresh peas.  There is a pepper and courgettes (possibly a stir fry coming on?).  We also have an aubergine.



There is always a list of predicted box contents, and I make notes based on that.  Whenever a predicted aubergine comes up I always say 'no aubergine, please'.  No aubergine was predicted, no note was left, and I now have a shiny purple thing and I am not sure how I will get on with that.

It all looks lovely and fresh and hopefully we will be able to enjoy it.  This last week has gone a bit off track, but on track again now.

Next week I shall be ordering a smalleer veg box and a Mediterranean box as DF will be on holiday so recipes will be slightly adapted.  DF isn't so keen on things like peppers so when he is away we will probably indulge a great deal.


I have also got extra cherry tomatoes, cucumber and clemantines for bear and his packed lunch.  I am trying to work out how to get more iron in his diet.  He won't eat dried fruit (he used to) and we don't eat a lot of red meat.  Fortunately he does tuck into cabbage so I can see a lot of brassicas on the horizon.


No comments: