Friday 26 April 2013

Normal for me

I feel a bit overloaded.  It's a combination of many things this week.  There was a phone call with darling uncle that lasted for well over an hour and left me feeling like I had been repeatedly hit over the head with a wholemeal loaf.  There was, and is, the continuing feeling of being totally overwhelmed by a backlog of housework now I am finally in a state to do something about it.  I am gradually pushing back the awfulness but it still seems such a mountain.  Finally I am trying to stick to a much stricter writing schedule.  It is too important to me and I need to keep the feel of a deadline snapping at my heels.  However it is a bit tiring.

On the other hand I am LOVING the writing.  I have finally got round to murdering someone in Digging up the Past and feel quite good about that.

Because everything seems to be out of control and I am not on top of everything I was sort of not surprised when the veg arrived because while I had forgotten it was arriving, I had also forgotten about the small Asda delivery that also arrived forty five minutes later.  I got a lot of bottles of 7up at £1 per bottle, but wasted the £8 saving on buying lamb.  I know the rest of the family love lamb, so I bit the bullet.  It will be cooked in the slow cooker.

So there is no chance of photos this week of the veg box.  I don't even know where my camera is.  But last night we had asparagus again.  That is the joy of the veg box. I would never consider buying asparagus in a supermarket, but it's a lovely treat and bear really enjoys it.  I didn't have asparagus until I was an adult.  On the downside I am now looking at two aubergines with an increasingly blank expression.

Tonight was supposed to be stew, but I wasn't sure about the meat.  Then I thought I could do a mushroom souffle which actually would be comparatively easy, and serve with the pak choi and sauteed courgettes.  However it is supposed to be bear's piano lesson tonight.  We won't get in until late but I could always do a spaghetti bolognese.  I am actually having nightmares about not knowing what to do for dinner.  I wake up even more confused.

On the other hand bear has been practising his coughing all night and fought strenuously against going to school.  Bear slept through his coughing, but I didn't, and I am exhausted and I am not sure if I have the resources to get him to the piano class.  So I could still do the souffle.  My head hurts.

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

WS - no one can do everything ! just do your best, that's all you can do -
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has an 'ever growing' list of things to do either.
You are embarking on a writing career after all and well done you ! housework can wait.
Remember, boring women have immaculate homes !!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Bless you. And it is getting there, all I can hope for is things not getting worse. Hope all is well with you. WS x