Friday 26 April 2013

Sad reminder

I have just had a card in the post.  It is a sympathy card from the vet and is really lovely.  I think I will actually frame the picture as it is so pretty.  There is a lovely verse inside and a nice handwritten note.

I'm still missing evil cat.  I keep thinking I see her out of the corner of my eye, and I keep automatically thinking that I need to leave a door open/check the water/make sure she isn't under the blanket and then remembering.

Nice Mr Next Door is trying to persuade me to take on their huge black tom cat.  Oscar is something of a gentleman, and all members of the house agree that he would be welcome.  Also Oscar I think would prefer the quiet of no other pets just at the moment thank you.  My dreams of more than a few weeks without pet hair seem to be crumbling slightly.  I am not very surprised.

6 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

You want cat hair ? I got plenty ?
Yes those cards from the vet tear at the heart strings don't they ?
Carrotcat's appointment at the vet later today, 'nuff said.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Sending lots of positive vibes and shedloads of hugs WS xxx

ravylesley said...

Oh I agree with your lovely neighbour its time to give Oscar a home.The thought of you without a cat is almost unthinkable and next doors big black beast sounds lovely and who knows he might even be up for a cuddle or two

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

ravylesly - Oscar is a cuddle monster, he really is. He lounges on walls and will let you cuddle him for hours. He is utterly gorgeous, completely black and so calm. I've never had a calm cat. We are going away soon so any decisions will have to be after that. And yes, I've bought treats for him because I am soft. WS xxx

Kitty Greene said...

Welcome Oscar - you now belong to WS - she can't resist you ! just hang on in there.
Be nice to her, she needs lots of cat cuddles to heal.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Wean - bless you. Looking out for updates on carrot cat, hope all is well. WS xxx