Wednesday 10 April 2013

Find the silver lining

There is always, always, always a silver lining.  Having a quote for the roof of @ £1500 is a shock but there will be silver linings.

I have been wanting to get a bit better with budgeting and now is a good prompt.  I have been wanting to get the house sorted and this sort of thing always gets me motivated to clean.  I have been wanting incentives to write (when bear is not off school) and this is a good incentive to write and not only write but look for places that pay for writing.

So there is a lot of prompts and pushes and nags to do things that are a good end in themselves.  So there are lots of silver linings.



One thousand, five hundred pounds sterling.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

Sybs it must be the season for disasters as my central heating boiler has died.Thankfully the heating bit is still working but the hot water section has been declared unsafe and cant be used.My very friendly plumber friend has recommended that we install a Gas multipoint to heat the water and keep using the central heating boiler just for heating.The bill is going to be around £800 and we are due to go on Holiday on Monday.I cant cancel the Holiday so we are resorting to showers for personal washing and having to boil water in pans for washing up etc.Then when we get back I will have to save the money up PDQ so I know exactly where you are coming from

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Absolutely - we booked a holiday last year so we had no choice but pay the rest of it this month on top of everything else. And I feel your pain with the boiler. Ours went a few years back and the shock to the system was hard! Have a great holiday! WS xxx