Monday 29 April 2013

I'll take what I can get

I am supervising bear's homework and sneaking in a quick post while he slaves over his writing.  He has to write five sentences about an animal that lives in the sea.  Bear chose killer whales.  I am a bit bewildered by the choice but I am helping him by looking at Wikipedia (yes, not the best source, but good enough for a six year old's homework and killer whales are likely to be okay).

I have been checking his spelling.  He can spell 'whale' and 'group' without much problems.  He decided to write that a group of killer whales was called a pod.  I checked he was okay to spell 'pod' and he assured me confidently that of course he could, he knew about a pod after the Sontaran pod in Dr Who.

It's more or less educational.  I'll take the crumbs I get.


No comments: