Monday 15 April 2013

Evil cat didn't fight the vet

The vet has visited.  Evil cat is not well, almost completely blind and extremely skinny.  As it was the vet who visited last time he was aware of evil cat's potential.  Normally evil cat gets samples of the vet's blood, she takes no prisoners.  Not today.

Evil cat didn't fight or argue or complain.  My lovely neighbour didn't need to hold her down.  She let him use his stethoscope and check her hydration.  Her heart is okay, her lungs are okay, but her kidneys are almost certainly failing.

She is not currently in distress, although she is completely bewildered.  The vet thinks she may have a week or two left.  Mind you, she has proved them wrong before.  They know that as soon as I think she is in distress I will call them.  I won't let her linger but I am not ready to hurry her along.

Poor old evil cat.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Good for you for committing to not letting her suffer. It's the last act we can provide, and the ultimate thank you for the pleasure they give us.

Kitty Greene said...

Very sad to hear this WS - I know how you feel, Carrotcat is failing also, so some sad times to come I fear.

Sending hugs ........

Kitty Greene said...

Sorry and sad to hear this WS - you haven't let Evil Cat down - you've done all you could.
Going through the same here with carrotCat - he is failing also, getting skinny but still eating and purring, so a bit more time I'm hoping !
((hugs))

Witch Hazel said...

So sorry Sybil.
Hx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you for all the hugs. Evil cat has just found some treats and is crunching them down, so she is still enjoying things. The vet assured me she was in no pain/distress apart from the minor aches and pains of arthritis. I am keeping an eye on her. Robyn - I believe that very strongly, and I won't let her down. Wean - hugs to Carrotcat WS xxx

Marybelle said...

I can only add my best wishes too. Have been through this myself many, many times, and not always with elderly cats. I know you will do the right thing, as we all have to do, but just enjoy her just now and she will know you love her.
Kindest regards
Mary

Janet said...

When she's ready, rest in peace, EC. Mr O, after 8 years, is only just ready to consider another pet. Be gentle on yourself and, of course, lots of hugs xxx