Monday 29 April 2013

Man proposes and God disposes

Or in other words, I made a plan and something heard and is now rolling on the floor laughing its socks off.

DF is abroad.  This is my big chance to be able to do more than fifteen minutes writing without interruption.  To put in context, 'At the Sign of the White Hart Pt1' was written in around two to three hours scraped together over a couple of days and frequently interrupted mid sentence.  It is not ideal.  I am desperate.

So DF is several hundred miles away, a slice of four or five hours should be mine - except bear has a bad ear infection.  He woke up a lot in the night crying in pain and he is not a happy bear.  I am running low on calpol.  I am now so exhausted that even if the time was there I am not sure about how much writing I could manage.

So I am wallowing in self pity and when DH comes home I shall go out to buy a very large quantity of chocolate.  Looking at how things are going I guess writing this week is going to be a challenge.

Of course I don't mind looking after bear.  If it came to a choice between writing and bear, bear would win any time.  Bear would win against anything any time.  He looked very disbelieving when I once told him that I loved him more than chocolate, but it is true.  I am, however, reserving the right to a small pity party.

And the pasta I was planning for tea as DF isn't here who doesn't like pasta but everyone else does?  Possible but not likely.


btw this post was written between 10.30 and 12.55.

No comments: