Tuesday 30 April 2013

Budget? What budget?

It's like I have 'divert' permanently on.  I will tell myself firmly that it a housewifery day, then I will spend hours writing or knitting.  I will tell myself it is a writing day and immediately housewifery is happening.  That is, of course, without life happening at me.

Yesterday I read Frugal Queen's post about budgeting, which you can see here.  I am not good with budgeting.  That is, I can write as many lists and plans as I like, the divert button is still on and I am unable to stick to it.  But that cannot continue.

We don't live hugely extravagantly.  We have too many takeaways, food is wasted more than I would like, and the heating is on at 19C.  Our holidays are quite low key, and none of us are desperate for the latest gadget.  We fritter but we are not the worst in the street.  However this won't last.

Bear is growing, that is not going to be inexpensive.  He is bright and able, I need to make sure money is there for him.  Then there are rising bills.  Food is going to be more expensive for at least another few years. The roof needs mending, the kitchen is over twenty years old and falling apart and we need to consider the bathroom in a few years.  The windows will be out of guarantee soon.  DH is working hard, but in twelve months since I became self employed I have earned @ £30 by writing.

I have been given some excellent advice about budgets, and I know where I can find out more.  What I need to do is find a way to turn the divert button off, and that is going to be the hardest bit.

No comments: