Thursday 11 April 2013

Shamed by lack of knowledge

I have a surplus of pears.  I know that those at DH's work place enjoy it when I send baked stuff in.  I am about to do banana cake (don't want to, really don't want to, want to go to sleep but I know that I have to) and I thought I would google pear cake.

Google helped.  I found an interesting looking recipe here which I thought might be nice (though I was a bit taken aback by the measurement of sugar in ml) and it even said it could be made as a loaf cake which would be ideal for DH's work.  All I need to do is adjust the temperature and cooking time.  And that was it.   Do I adjust it up or down?  Hotter or cooler?  Longer or shorter?  I couldn't imagine where to start, my mind was a blank.  My best guess is slightly cooler but longer, as it will be further from the surface to the centre.  But what do I know, I am used to having a theoretical knowledge of all sorts so have this gap has left me feeling a little embarrassed.  I feel that I ought to know.

I'm going to have a go at his and if it does by some miracle work out (I will be beating butter and sugar by hand so that should be a laugh) I shall share in full.


btw a word about a lot of the images I am using.  I signed up to stockfreeimages.com and I use the copyright free images from there.  If I ever got a lot of money I would pay for some of their royalty free ones, because some of them are lovely.  I am nervous of other images because copyright is a tricky thing, and I don't want to get it wrong.  I hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments: