Tuesday 2 April 2013

Sinking

I have just paid the last of the money for the holiday we will be having in May.  Ouch!  We have a hole in the roof and the gutter is pulling away, we need to get that sorted.  Ouch!  When we are away we are hoping to get the floor done as it is the best opportunity to get it done all year and to be honest it has needed to be done for years.  You cannot imagine how bad it is.  Well, you may be able to imagine after watching some of the emergency cleaning programmes.  It is fit only to be condemned.  But before we get that done, to be in any way sensible, we need to do the rest of the decorating first.  This involves buying some paint and some lining paper.  That isn't too bad.  It involves a lot of clearing, and that isn't too bad.  It involves cleaning which is definitely a good thing.  I also want new light fittings as the one in the study has lost a thingy which means you can't get a shade on it, and just for once it would be nice to have nice things.  The ones I want are these.



I found them on ebay and they are £29.90, plus £8 p&p and they are perfect.  But on top of everything else and paying for them fitted, ouch!  But we have the dado rail already, and actually I don't want much more.

I have an Approved Food order on its way.  I have an Amazon order on its way.  I will be sticking to the veggie boxes.  However I wonder if I can manage without any further orders?

Hmm.  Actually I am not feeling to worried.  I am feeling a bit excited at the challenge.  We have a freezer that I keep saying needs to be emptied.  We have food cupboards that I keep saying need sorting out.  Given the nature of the household I am confident I will need to buy some stuff in, but I wonder how long I can spin it out for?  This could be fun!

No comments: