Friday 19 April 2013

Had a bit of a day out

Actually I had just over a morning out - I left at 9am and I came back in at 1pm so it wasn't quite so gadabout.

I was planning to get a bus to Tescos on the other side of town.  However I saw it go as it went early, so I ended up in Halifax.  It could happen to anyone.

I quite enjoyed it.  I think there may be a farm shop within walking distance so will investigate that next week.  I passed a shop with the sign saying 'Immortal Supplements' which would never live up to my imagination.  I enjoyed looking at the chapels of the old woollen villages and the old cottages and all the bits and shops and corners that may well repay investigation.  I had a cup of tea in Halifax and then got the bus from there to Bradford via Shelf and Odsal and then from Bradford to home.

I enjoyed it a great deal.  If I look back through the blog I can probably find times I went out, but I don't seem to have been more than 500 yards from the house since Christmas.  There has been so much weather and everyone has been so poorly that getting out has not been an option - certainly not for pleasure.

I'll try and do it again next week.

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

Good for you - it's more fun when it's unplanned isn't it ? I always intend to 'go bussing' around Shropshire, but somehow never get around to it, I must make more of an effort, after all it's free for me !
take care ......

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you. I was in desperate need of being outside the house when I didn't need to rush to do something! You should go bussing, and do they still do the buses that go over to Cheshire and Wales? Go for it! WS xxx